Wednesday, September 1, 2010

I'm Alive, I Promise.

Sitting in my dorm, decked out in IU sweats and a tee, I realize I have become so comfortable with this college lifestyle that I have forgotten to blog all about it! Slap on the wrist, I get it, so now I'll attempt to catch you guys up. To be honest though, there is NO way I could fill you in on all that has happened since I've been here. I'll attempt to brief you in this blog and then will go into more detail in the next few blogs. Deal?

So last you heard from me, I was here in the dorm alone for the most part because of CM duties and training. That quickly changed Sunday, August 22nd as people began to move in early. A large portion of my floor moved in that day, probably in anticipation of moving to the highest floor in Foster. Although I enjoyed having the place to myself the first couple days, I can't begin to express how comforting it was to have floormates and neighbors. The hall was no longer eerily silent at night, other people were playing music and walking the halls, and people began popping in my door to say hi. Sunday alone, Foster moved in over 350 people, nearly a third of all of Foster. Insane, right? By the time "official" move-in day rolled around, Wednesday, nearly all of Harper 9 was moved in. Exciting!

I really love my floor for the most part. The girls have proven to be extremely nice, always giving a kind smile or "hello" as I walk by. Along with the friendliness, Harper 9 has also offered quite a bit of entertainment in the last week or so. During Welcome Week a few girls definitely enjoyed the frat parties more than others..but that's college, right? We'll just leave that part of the blog at that... ;]

Uhmmm...what else should I even say?! There's so much to cover it's almost overwhelming. Classes started Monday, August 30th and so far I am absolutely loving my schedule. Not only do I NOT have 8am or early morning classes, but I also seemed to have timed my classes out perfectly. All of my professors seem to be great so far, I don't think I'll be having any problems with them in that sense. My only complaint really is all the hiking I have on Monday/Wednesday. My first class right off the bat is in Wilkie, which, if you're unfamiliar with the IU campus, is about a 20 minute walk from my dorm. From Wilkie I have roughly an hour until my next class in Ballentine, so I've tried to catch lunch on the way to make things easier on myself. Those two classes require the most walking and exercise, I'd say. After that I head back to the dorm and have a business class right across the street at 4. The Tuesday/Thursday combo is my favorite :] I have two classes and they're completely spaced out. Yesterday I did my first load of college laundry! That sounds completely dorky, but I feel it was a huge check off of my freshman experience checklist.

Pizza X deserves it's own paragraph right now. Especially since I'm currently starving, it's across campus, and I would love love love some breadsticks at the moment. I can't say I've tried their pizza yet..when in the pizza mood it's more likely I'll hit up Mother Bear's over Pizza X. I love their breadsticks, though. They're strangely similar to scampi's back home, especially the cheese sauce. Definite plus! Man, I'm hungry and I just ate dinner. Welcome to college, huh?

Well, I'm at a loss as to what else I should mention right now...I'll think of more later and post again. Sorry for the wait and then failure of a post :P

1 comment:

  1. - Yay for Scampy-like breadsticks!!! I'm basically jealous! Love you! <3

    ReplyDelete