Saturday, September 25, 2010

Freshman Family Weekend

This blog quickly turned into a two day entry as I found myself easily distracted yesterday. Woops!

(Sept. 24) Ohhhhhh, joy. More and more Moms keep appearing on the floors, medicine, food, and other essentials in hand for their college babies. My family is not coming this weekend, and to be honest, I don't mind. I won't go as far to say campus will be in a flurry of madness..but I know our dorm will. Foster seems to house a lot of freshman, at least from what I can tell. I certainly wouldn't mind being taken out to dinner on repeat all weekend, but my family will be here soon enough.

Next weekend IU football plays Michigan. In case you're completely out of the big 10 loop, or not from around here, that's a HUGE game. Madness won't even begin to describe next weekend...especially around the northwest dorms near the football stadium. My mom and sister are driving down to visit and I'm pretty stoked. Mom will be staying with her friend in town so I'll have Abbie for the night. It's been crazy not being around her this month; we're basically twins. Only 13 months apart, we've grown up doing nearly everything together. This is the first time we've really been separated. Sadly, it has probably been easier on me than it has on her just because I'm in a completely different environment and not stuck at home. Either way, next weekend is going to be a BLAST. I bought tickets for the two of us to go, should be exciting :]
----------
(Sept. 25) Tonight we play Akron in football; I'm going to help Michelle and the bowling team sell programs...should be interesting. I slept in today and it was wonderful. Last night was interesting to say the least. I owe a big thanks to JenBunny across the hall, we teamed up to help out. ;] Gotta love taking care of girls on Friday nights. We had a few laughs in there, though.

On a different note, I had two exams this week. Business X100 on Wednesday and Finite yesterday. What a week! For now only having three college exams under my belt, I'm feeling decently confident. I studied hard for my business exam, and along with the in class review we had, I feel I was extremely prepared. We'll see how that reflects on my grade posted tonight. My finite exam is an entirely different story. I don't feel that I bombed it, but due to the matter of the material, it's nearly impossible to feel confident. Probability, Combinations, and Permutations..how the heck can you feel confident at all? I could be slightly off and completely miss a problem. Here's hoping it turns out for the best.

Now that I've pretty much covered my entire week, I'm going to put on my B-Town shirt, curl my hair a bit, and get ready for the game. Hopefully I'll get pictures up soon. I'm finding that it's crazy hard to carry my camera around with me and actually take pictures. Having anything besides my Vera Bradley carry-all wristlet has turned out to be an inconvenience :P I will try though; I need freshman year pictures eventually right?

No comments:

Post a Comment