Thursday, October 14, 2010

It's Official!

Today I declared my major in Tourism Management along with minors in Ecotourism, Recreation and Park Administration, and Fundraising and Resource Management. PHEW!! I cannot even begin to explain how exciting this is. Most of you are probably staring at the screen wondering what the heck Tourism Management is...haha, that's quite alright.

Tourism and commercial recreation is over an 800 billion industry in the United States. It is estimated that by the year 2020, more than half of all employed people in the world will be involved directly or indirectly with the tourism industry. In the United States, travel-related tourism is the first, second or third largest employer in 32 states. The Department of Recreation and Park Administration at IU is one of the largest in the country.

Help any? I'll post more as I begin to take introductory classes and whatnot. I could go on and on about my ideas of what I want to do or where I want to intern. I'm excited that I've finally taken this first step. It only gets better from here! It also helps that one of my newfound friends is an RA in the building I live and majors in Tourism Management as well. A huuuge help for sure. I love Franquie :]

Welp, off to psychology. Just thought I'd update the world for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment